Product Development ("Plastics") Engineer - NY
Company manufactures medical devices for the interventional treatment of peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and other non-coronary diseases, and is regarded by BusinessWeek as one of Top 100 hot growth companies (2005 & 2006).Responsiblilities: The primary responsibilities of this position are to perform various engineering duties including the design of molded components, molding tools and strength of materials. In addition, engineer will perform investigations and analysis of plastic components while developing products suitable for manufacture and meeting all required standards.Requirements:
- BS in Plastics Engineering; advanced engineering degree preferred;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the creation of plastic processes for medical devices (Vascular Access experience a plus) Note: MS or PH.D. may substitute for related industry experience.
- Knowledge of FDA guidelines and ISO standards for Product Development
- Six Sigma Training, preferrred
- Experience with Solidworks and Statistical Analysis.Compensation:
- Base Salary: $65k-$75k, plus 10% annual bonus opportunity, and stock options.
- Relocation Allowance provided.