Product Manager - Bronze & Iron
POSITION SUMMARY: Has overall responsibility for driving the sales and profitability of the product line by interfacing through sales, engineering and operations as required.
· Develops list price and discount levels, sets target costs and expected profit margins and identifies delivery lead time requirements
· Analyzes markets, determines trends and documents the competitive landscape
· Sets product architecture and application guidelines
· Works with sales and develops sales programs and identifies new product opportunities
· Trains factory and field sales personnel
· Assists in developing support data for departmental administration
· Assists the CSR’s with quotes and product information requests requiring technical input
· Approves project/special pricing on all quotations > 20% margin and less than sales directors’ authority level up to the $100k level
· Represents sales on all engineering and manufacturing issues relevant to the brand
· Reviews quotes, orders, won/lost ratio and works with sales to improve our performance
· Works with sales to defines target markets and customers (Contractors, OEM’s and end users)
· Under the functional direction of General Manager – Commercial Products
· Responsible for achieving business plan goals (revenues and profits)
· Responsible for developing and maintaining long term product growth and profitability
· Responsible for driving advertising and promotional programs (literature, demos, and price sheets)
· Responsible for setting and periodically reviewing inventory levels with operations to support sales plan
· Responsible for approving all EDA’s as requested from Standard Products Manager
· Responsible for approving all ECO’s that affect the performance, application or perception of the product in the marketplace
· Complete ownership of the brand including but no limited to: product offering, applications and minimum design requirements
· Requires constructive thought processes, reasoning and solid judgment
· Performs detailed data analyses of: product financial information, sales/channel performance, quotations, competitors and projects
· Primary contact is with Sales/Sales Channels, Customer Service, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, and Finance.
· Periodic contact with customers
· Knowledge of fluid dynamics, chemical/corrosion engineering, valve and actuator sizing and selection
· Knowledge of selling principles and methods, including project quotation methods
· Knowledge of specific products, applications and relevant specifications
· Knowledge of valving and piping systems, automation systems, industrial manufacturing, or industrial distribution
· Knowledge of standard pricing and transfer price models, and financial (cost/price/profit/margin) analyses
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
BS in engineering or business degree preferred or equivalent experience, which should include 5 years experience in marketing and sales year of experience encompassing sales of valves or related industry products.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills
· A passion for detail
· Excellent administrative, persuasive and interpersonal skills.
· Highly developed professional sales and self-management skills
· The ability to undertake many projects, effectively prioritize the work load and meet deadlines.
· Good oral, written communication and PC computer skills.
Apply for this position now!